Saturday, February 14, 2009
Identity Crisis
"Who Am I, really?" A question that we may occasionally consider but often don't fully investigate...Oftentimes, people would answer such as: "I am a school teacher", "a pharmacist", "a mom", "a lawyer", "an artist", etc. But these are merely our roles--and they may be many, but it is not our identity. We look in the mirror daily but who is that person that we are looking at? Do you know her/him?? Whether inside or outside the church (not referring to the building but the people)..this question goes unanswered and we continue to wander around in our roles , broken and incomplete if we don't know who we are. Our roles can change--depending on our age and stage of life--or it can be taken from us....so if that is your foundation, you will soon feel more lost and more frustrated. Who you are, your identity, does not change no matter what age or stage of life you are in....It is your foundation...it is unmovable and unshakeable!...Over the next few entries I will discuss this point by point but in the meantime...please ask yourself, Who Am I?...let me know what you discover....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment